So, for those of you that are new to the concept of roasting grapes, I'm with you! I recently read up on different roasted grape recipes and I was totally intrigued. I love grapes, but I usually eat them chilled... So the idea of tossing my grapes in olive oil, roasting them and eating them in a savory dish seemed out of the ordinary. However, the pictures on Pinterest made it look delicious so I had to try it for myself. Well, I am here to tell you that they are amazing!
These roasted grapes are juicy and have a great texture. Plus, they are perfect as a topping on pesto toast! Pesto is a fave spread of mine because it has great health benefits when used in moderation. Pesto is made with olive oil, basil and pine nuts, so yes it is high in fat! However, it's the good kind of fat that your body wants and needs!
I also topped my toast with another healthy fave, chia seeds. If you've read up on any of my recent recipes, you have probably noticed a trend. I put chia seeds in everything that I can because they have great health benefits (full of fiber, protein and good fats) and I like the texture! Basically, this toast is amazing because it's so yummy and with all of the healthy fat and protein, it's good for you and helps you stay full longer.
Here's what you'll need:
- Sliced Bread
- Chia Seeds
- Red Grapes
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Here's what you'll do:
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- Wash and dry your grapes.
- Remove them from the vine.
- Spread the grapes on a foil lined on and toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put in the oven and roast for 15 minutes.
- While your grapes roast, toast your bread.
- Once your grapes are ready, allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes, then half them. Once your toast is ready, spread a tiny amount of pesto on your toast and top with grapes and chia seeds. Enjoy!