I love a good manicure, the only downside is that routine manicures can typically dehydrate and thin your nails over time. That’s why I always soak my nails between manicures in this super moisturizing DIY nail soak. This is such an easy and quick beauty DIY, and everything you need to make the soak is a typical household item. This soak is super moisturizing and strengthening because each ingredient (only 4 total!) has major benefits.
Lots of biotin and protein are found in eggs which will help your nails grow strong. Lemons are of course a great source of vitamin C so this ingredient will keep them healthy and shiny. Olive oil has tons of good fat that will really moisturize and soothe the nail and honey acts a humectant which will attract moisture and help seal it in. These four ingredients really do work so well together to heal your nails, it’s amazing!
P.S. If you’re into aromatherapy like I am, you can add a few drops of your fave essential oils into this soak and relax while your nails heal.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon slice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Here’s what you’ll do:
- In a small bowl whisk your egg until it is frothy and one solid yellow color.
- Mix in the olive oil and the honey until fully combined.
- Top with the lemon slice.
- Prepare your nails for soaking. Remove any nail polish and buff your nails so that they can soak in as much protein and moisture as possible.
- Soak your nails one hand at a time for at least 5 minutes per hand.
- When you’re done simply wash your hands and enjoy your smooth, strong nails!