These breakfast wraps are the best! I love them because they trick my mind into thinking I’m eating bread based wrap when in reality, the wrap is made entirely out of egg! These wraps are also super versatile. I always stuff them with my faves: tomatoes, avocado and spinach. However, you can totally be more adventurous and add ingredients such as sauted veggies, protein, cheese or anything else you want in there because pretty much EVERYTHING tastes good with eggs. Also, I’m serious when I say that these wraps are made entirely out of eggs. You don’t have to add or mix anything in with them to get them to hold their tortilla like flexibility and shape. Just make sure you use a non-stick pan, or rub a little olive oil in your pan prior to cooking, and you’re good to go.
I usually eat these for breakfast but I’m pretty sure they have the potential to make a good lunch or dinner since they are so versatile. These egg wraps are also probably the easiest type of egg to make, they are super low maintenance. The only tip you’ll need to succeed at making the wraps would be to consciously choose your pan size. The smaller the pan, the thicker and smaller in diameter the wrap will be. So if you’re looking to make a large and super thin wrap, I’d suggest using at least a medium sized pan, however if you want to keep them small and thick like mine, use your smallest pan. That’s it! That’s the only tip you’ll need. I’m telling you, these wraps are foolproof and you’re going to love them!
Here’s what you’ll need: (makes two wraps)
- 2 eggs
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 small avocado
- 1 handful of spinach
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Slice your your tomato and avocado.
- Heat your pan over medium-high. Rub a little olive oil on your pan if necessary.
- Crack one egg in a small bowl and whisk until it is one solid yellow color and frothy.
- Pour your egg into your pan.
- Wait 1-2 minutes or until the egg looks set enough to flip.
- Flip your egg like a pancake. Let it cook for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Remove your wrap from your pan.
- Repeat steps 2-6 to create your second wrap.
- Once you have both wraps made, you are ready to stuff your wraps. Lay your spinach and sliced tomatoes and avocados on one side and then roll it up!
- Top each wrap with a toothpick to keep them together. Enjoy!