These bars are so good and so good for you! They are stuffed with protein and all natural ingredients. I love making homemade snacks like these because you can rest assured that all the ingredients are wholesome. Plus, this recipe was super quick to throw together! You basically mix it all together over a little bit of heat, and then let it set in the refrigerator. The best part? All of these ingredients are held together with coconut oil! Coconut oil has tons of benefits and it is the healthy kind of fat that your body wants and needs! Not to mention it adds a hint of natural coconut taste and I LOVE coconut. These bars make for a good protein bar before a workout, or help subside any sugar cravings. I made my bars with chunky natural peanut butter, oats and chia seeds, but these ingredients can be subbed out for your favorite nut butter, nuts, dried fruit, or anything else that you like!
What you'll need:
● ¼ cup Honey
● ¼ cup Coconut Oil
● ¼ teaspoon Salt
● 1 teaspoon Vanilla
● ¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
● Pinch of Nutmeg
● 1 ½ cup Oats
● 1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
● ½ cup Chunky Natural Peanut Butter (Make sure you use a natural nut butter so that you don’t add any unhealthy oils or sugars. Natural nut butters should only be two ingredients, nuts and salt.)
What you'll do:
1. Melt together honey, coconut oil, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg on medium heat in saucepan.
2. When it becomes foamy turn heat to low and add oats and chia seeds, mix together.
3. Mix in peanut butter.
4. Let it cook on low for a few more minutes.
5. Pour mixture into 8x8 pan lined with parchment paper and spread evenly.
6. Lay another piece of parchment paper on top of the pan and use your hands to press the mixture down, make sure that it’s really packed together in the pan.
7. Leave parchment paper on top and put the pan in fridge to cool for at least 3 hours.
8. Lift the parchment paper out of the pan and cut the hardened mixture into bars. Serve immediately or individually wrap bars in plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until consumption.
Adapted from Bowl of Delicious