With Summer still in full force here in Phoenix, I am looking for any and all ways to escape the heat. Weekend getaways, spending most my time indoors, and limiting my use of hot kitchen appliances! In fact, the freezer is my new favorite kitchen appliance this summer. No heat and it can make so many healthy snacks, like this one! These yogurt dipped kiwi slices are really good AND healthy. I love that they are frozen, they are totally the perfect summer snack when you need to forget that is 115 degrees outside.
I dipped my kiwi slices in vanilla greek yogurt. Of course, you can use whatever yogurt you like. The preparation for these are super easy! I used a small Chobani cup of yogurt to dip my kiwi slices in. This worked great because it was the perfect amount and perfect size bowl for dipping my slices. You can dip about 4 kiwis for every one cup of yogurt. These are great to eat right of the freezer if you’re just looking for a quick snack or they are perfect for serving at a party! If you plan to serve these at a party, you’ll definitely want to chill the dish that you will be serving them on in the freezer. This way the yogurt won’t be melting off the slices while your guests are trying to enjoy them!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Cup of Yogurt
- 4 Kiwis
- Parchment Paper
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Line a tray that will fit in your freezer with parchment paper.
- Peel your kiwis! My fave kiwi peeling technique is the “spoon” method. Basically, just cut off one end of the kiwi and stick the spoon between the skin and the flesh. Make your way around the kiwi with the spoon curving around the flesh of the kiwi. Once you made it all the way around, the skin should peel right off!
- Slice your kiwis into medium thick slices.
- Dry your kiwi slices! Set them all on a dry paper towel and then gently pat a second paper towel on top. This step is very important because the yogurt will not stick onto the kiwis if they are not dry.
- Stir your yogurt cup, especially if you’re using Greek yogurt.
- Dip your kiwi slices. If you use a fork you can dip the entire slice, however I like to leave a little bit of the kiwi sticking out so I just use my fingers and dip the slice halfway to three fourths of the way in.
- Set each dipped slice on the parchment paper lined tray.
- Chill in the freezer for 1-2 hours.
- Consume right away out of the freezer or serve on a chilled dish.