Okay guys, here’s a secret, I love a good chocolate chip cookie! I like them soft and gooey and filled with lots and lots of chocolate chips. However, I’m trying so hard to be good and eat only wholesome ingredients. Well, guess what? These cookies are made with only the most wholesome and natural ingredients. They may not be exactly low calorie or low sugar, but I feel good about each ingredient that I have put into them. Not to mention, these cookies are so yummy.
They turn out super soft and chewy every time I make them, they’re totally my go-to when I want to splurge on some dessert and still feel good about that decision! These cookies are also SO easy to make. It only takes one mixing bowl so, yes, that means no messy kitchen and only one dirty dish! Love it! Trust me, you’re going to love these yummy and wholesome chocolate chips cookies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ⅔ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
- Spoon out 2 tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball. Place each ball at least 2 inches apart from each other on the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 3 minutes on pan.
- Remove from pan and serve!