This is definitely my most favorite time of the year. I love the weather, the decorations, the anticipation for the holidays, it’s all so magical. However, sometimes it can be hard to get in the holiday spirit when life is SO busy. It’s so easy to forget about how amazing this season is when you're working right up until the holidays. However, I’m determined to take a step back every now and then, relax, and enjoy the season and I think you guys should too! So to help us all do that, I have compiled this little list of easy and fun things you can do to help you relax and get in the holiday spirit.
- Make Hot Chocolate - This is #1 because it is such an easy way to unwind and get in the spirit, plus we all totally deserve to treat ourselves every now and then. This is a fave hot chocolate of mine, it’s organic and super yummy. Whenever I do treat myself during the holidays, I mix this with steamed almond milk and it is heavenly.
- Watch Christmas Movies - Pretty much as soon as December hits, I’m all about the Christmas movies. There’s something about them that’s calming and makes me so happy. This is perfect for a cozy night in or if you’re too busy but still want to feel that holiday magic, you can totally put a movie on while you do work around the house. This list has all the best holiday movies on it so check it out if you’re not sure what ones to watch!
- Look at Christmas Lights - I do this every year and it’s honestly such a relaxing part of the holidays. I love getting some coffee to go and driving around with family to look at all the Christmas lights around town. If you don’t already do this yearly, I totally recommend it. Here’s a guide to the best Christmas lights in Phoenix if you’re local!
- Enjoy Christmas Shopping! - I know this can sometimes be seen as a hectic thing, but it can also be really fun. The best way to ensure that you can relax and enjoy this one is to pick a day when you have some extra time on your hands so you don’t feel stressed. Plus, go shopping with people you love, I promise you’ll enjoy yourself and feel super Christmassy!
- Light Holiday Scented Candles - This one is an essential around my house. Having my house smell like Christmas trees or spiced cider always relaxes me and gets me in the spirit whether I’m working or relaxing. This one is a favorite of mine. I love how cute it looks sitting around the house and it has the most amazing scent!