I am always looking for something new and nutritious for breakfast and I seriously fell in love when I found recipes similar to this one on Pinterest! This recipe is so genius because the ingredients can be swapped out with your favorite ingredients as long as you stick with the basic measurements. I used frozen strawberries and bananas but you can trade these out for whatever frozen fruit you’d like. I also used unsweetened almond milk because that’s a favorite of mine, but you can switch that out too. Another reason why I love this recipe is because it has CHIA SEEDS! Chia seeds are the best because they have so many benefits. They are full of omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, fiber, iron and calcium! They also help you feel more full and reduce your appetite so you can easily make it from breakfast to lunch with minimal snacking.
Adding toppings like nuts will give you an extra boost of protein and shaved coconut is great because it’s packed with fiber, vitamins and minerals. All of these nutritious ingredients make this the perfect breakfast to help you get powered up for a super productive day!
Here’s what you’ll need...
● 2 medium bananas, sliced and frozen
● 2 cups frozen strawberries
● 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
● 2 tablespoons chia seeds
● Chia seeds
● Shaved coconut
● Chopped fruit
● Chopped nuts
1. Blend together the frozen banana slices and the almond milk.
2. Add the frozen strawberries into the blender with the banana and almond milk mixture
and blend together, periodically stopping the blender and hand mixing to help it blend
3. Add the chia seeds into the blender and blend just for a few seconds until mixture is
4. Pour smoothie (consistency will be thicker than a typical smoothie) into a bowl and top
with your favorite toppings!
Recipe adapted from Beaming Baker