One of my biggest pet peeves is the feeling of chapped lips, so that’s why I pretty much always have lip balm on me. It’s definitely a must have because the feeling of dry lips can strike anytime. Especially now that it’s getting chillier out. Trust me, nothing is worse than putting lipstick on less than moisturized and conditioned lips. Luckily, I also have a secret weapon, this three ingredient lip scrub which is a total life saver. Whenever I start to feel that my lips aren’t in tip top shape, I whip up this scrub.
It’s really only three ingredients: Vaseline, white sugar and honey. Each of these ingredients play a part in bringing your lips back to life and majorly softening them. Vaseline acts as a protectant, honey attracts moisture, and sugar scrubs away impurities and dead skin. This scrub is the perfect addition to your weekly self-care day. If you don’t already have one of these self-care days worked in your schedule on a weekly basis, I highly recommend it. It’s so important to have time scheduled to pamper yourself. Even if it’s quick and easy at home stuff, like a deep conditioning hair treatment, it’s still so helpful. Plus, this scrub truly is the perfect addition because it’s so quick and it’s made out of ingredients you probably already have at home. So, seriously, get your ingredients and make this scrub! It’s life changing.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Vaseline
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Using your finger, scrub the mixture on your lips to gently exfoliate. Do this for at least 2-3 minutes. (There is probably more mixture than you think you need, but I like to put a thick layer on so that I can scrub it in, and then there’s still some left over to soak in.)
- Relax and let it sit on your lips for at least another 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse the mixture off with warm water.
- Enjoy your super soft and healthy lips. Repeat this weekly for best results!