I love using an essential oil diffuser to help me relax. It’s effective, but sometimes I feel like it could be doing more. So, I started Googling new ways to use essential oils, and that’s when I found the idea of a DIY essential oil pillow spray! This is truly such an amazing idea, you guys. Basically, all you have to do is fill a small spray bottle with water and a few drops of relaxing essential oils and then spray it on your pillow! This spray covers your pillow with an aroma that induces relaxation and supports a healthy sleep pattern.
I was so excited to make this spray and try it out. Of course, I was a little skeptical, maybe people were hyping this DIY up a little too much? Nope! It truly works just like everyone says it does. It pretty much turned my pillow into a relaxing cloud that I never wanted to leave. The scent definitely sticks around for a few days. I probably re-spray this on my pillows 2-3 times a week, but it really depends on personal preferences.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lavender essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Small spray bottle
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Fill a spray bottle up about ¾ of the way with water.
- Add six drops of lavender into the bottle.
- Add six drops of cedarwood into the bottle. (Both of these essential oils are the best when it comes to promoting sleep and relaxation.)
- Close your bottle and shake it up a bit.
- Lightly spray 2-3 sprays on your pillows.
- Respray on your pillows throughout the week as needed.