I love ice cream!! But, I don't think ice cream loves me back because I never feel very good after I eat it. Plus, ice cream isn't exactly "healthy"... such a bummer. At least it WAS a bummer, until I found this healthy ice cream recipe!! Yes, this ice cream really is healthy. Seriously. It's only made from two ingredients, bananas and natural peanut butter! It's so soft and creamy and all you have to do is freeze some bananas ahead of time and then blend them up! Right out of the blender it takes like soft serve ice cream, or you can put it in the freezer for a couple of hours and get that grocery store ice cream texture. Either way, it's a win-win. I used natural peanut butter, but of course you can use whatever nut butter you'd like.
Now, I know, that while natural nut butters are relatively healthy (only two ingredients, nuts and salt!) they are still high in calories! So really, a little goes a long way here. I only added about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter for every 3 bananas I blended. So just don't go overboard with the nut butter, okay?! It will still taste amazing so have some faith here ;)
-1 tablespoon natural nut butter
Seriously, that's it! This will make enough for two servings, if you want to make more just double
or triple the recipe!
What You'll Do
1. Slice up the bananas and put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer overnight.
2. The next day pull out your frozen bananas and dump them into a food processor or strong
3. Blend! You may need to stop once or twice and move the mixture around to get it to blend
4. Once it's fully blended you can mix in your nut butter and blend one more time for a few
5. After it's all mixed it's ready to be served! If you want a harder ice cream texture, go ahead
and put it in the freezer for a few hours!