...also great while nursing!
I've always tried to to err on the side of caution when it comes to beauty products, food and my overall health. I'm not exactly crunchy, but I do my homework when it comes to my health. I make decisions based on the information available and my own intuition.
When I found out I was pregnant, I knew a couple of things I would be dropping right away. I'm ok with a chemical here or there, this is the real world and eventually, my baby will come into contact with said "toxins" at some point. But multiple toxins that are proven to cause harmful effects, used daily in my products, I have a problem with.
Here's a list of the products I did use while growing a baby! Always do your own homework and of course, chat with your doctor before trying something new.
- Castor Oil, I used this on my lashes and my eyebrows. Now, I know people drink castor oil to go into labor, don't do that... You can apply a small amount topically, daily to your lashes and brows to maintain their health without going into labor.
- Emme Diane face products are paraben and phthalates free but most importantly, effective. My skin changed so much with all the new hormones passing through and I needed a fix! She always brings my skin back to life no matter what the circumstances are.
- Summer Fridays Jetlag Mask gave me the extra moisture my skin has been craving and it felt so indulgent, necessary when growing a baby.
- NKDSKN tanning lotions and mouses are organic and give a perfect glow while you're skipping the spray tans for the duration of pregnancy. No toxic fumes to breathe in and nothing toxic being absorbed.
- Goop Motherload Vitamins were a perfect addition to my healthy lifestyle. But during my first trimester I was eating poorly, just trying to keep food down. These vitamins truly kept me healthy when I was at my worst. They're great for postpartum too! Just hit subscribe and you get them in exactly when you need them!
- AG Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo & Conditioner is a staple in my household. It's for one, a professional grade shampoo but also a sulfate-free shampoo that gently cleanses the hair and scalp. Its formula is over 98% plant-based and naturally derived.
- Honest body lotion replaced my usual Kheil's lotion for good reason. I wanted something light and clean and I'm still using it while nursing.
- May Lindstrom Honeymud Mask was the perfect indulgence when I just wasn't feeling pretty. I love this mask on a normal day, but it's perfect when you're skipping the toxic chemicals too!
- Jane Iredale Liquid Minerals foundation saved me on days I actually had to leave the house. It did such a great job at covering the hormonal dark spots I had acquired. It also feels super light on and you don't have to worry about the toxic stuff here!
- RMS lip & skin balm... omg, can't live without this stuff!
- Tata Harper body oil was the perfect stretch mark preventer! I only got one stretch mark my entire pregnant and it's a tiny one right above my belly button. Staying hydrated and using a good clean oil such a this one is what I recommend. It also doesn't hurt to wear belly support so that you're skin isn't always in a stretching position.
- Native deodorant is something I've been using for a couple of years now. It truly is the best natural deodorant that exists.
- Patyka Body Wash is clean and indulgent. It will turn your baths into something of luxury. Everyone deserves it!
- Drunk Elephant Sunscreen is a tinted sunscreen with broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and helps aid in the prevention of free radical and oxidative damage as well as photoaging. Hence, giving you a more youthful-looking complexion. I like it for the glowing finish.