Hi guys, I took a much-needed break from the blog to ring in my dad's 60th birthday and host my best friend's bachelorette party. I've been traveling the last few weeks to places like NYC, Hawaii and Nashville! I'm so excited to be on a flight home to my husband and pup..... but I wanted to share with you one of my little stress relief tricks. It comes in HANDY like crazy when I travel because it can be HECTIC. I hope this helps you like it helps me.
Lavender has the ability to transform your mood.
When I am feeling completely overwhelmed, stressed and have been getting no sleep AT ALL I incorporate lavender essential oils into my life. I put it in my diffuser, my bathtub, I rub it on the back of my neck, the bottom of my feet, under my nose, my wrists and the back of my ears (basically everywhere). I keep that little magical bottle next to my bed to ease my anxiety and help me sleep.
All these pressure points trigger some pretty amazing things within our bodies that help release stress, provide comfort while sleeping, and ease our state of mind. There is not a day that goes by that I don't have lavender on hand.
a few benefits
- Stimulates healthy hair growth -- you can add a few drops in your shampoo bottle and use it once a week!
- Where my insomniacs at?? I like to rub it on the bottom of my feet or next to my nose!
- Helps to ease the pain and suffering from burns.
- Can help prevent and treat cold sores
- Fleas run from this stuff!
- Will help to alleviate a stress headache and/or neck ache.
Lavender oil is fabulous when mixing with (well, everything but especially) coconut oil as well. I apply it to my skin as a moisturizer before going to bed sometimes.