I'm sure this is no surprise, but I love having super soft hair. It drives me crazy when my hair starts to feel dry or break off when I brush it. The minute I see any breakage, I know it's time to pull out my fool proof DIY hair mask. I am so obsessed with this hair mask because it's made with totally natural ingredients. Obviously a store bought hair mask may seem like the easier option, but those masks are filled with chemicals to preserve the ingredients inside. So even if you find an avocado based hair mask at the store, only a small percentage of what your putting on your hair is truly avocado! It's way better to skip the middle man and just make the mask yourself. This way your locks only get the best of the best. Plus, it's so easy you guys!
Each ingredient in this mask has proteins and nutrients in it to coat each strand of hair and fight dryness and breakage. Avocado has all of that good fat that soaks into your hair and really helps moisturizer it. Coconut oil also has good fats plus vitamins that promote hair growth, thickness and moisture. Lastly, honey works to seal all that moisture in, pretty cool right? Definitely give this DIY mask a try, I know you're going to want to make it a part of your weekly hair care routine!
Here's what you'll need:
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- shower cap
Here's what you'll do:
- Pit and mash your avocado.
- Mix the honey and the coconut oil into the mashed avocado until combined.
- Brush your hair out.
- Apply the mixture to your hair until all of the mixture has been used. Your hair should be pretty saturated at this point.
- Pull your hair up and tuck it into your shower cap.
- Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Shampoo, rinse and shampoo again! Seriously, shampooing twice after a conditioning treatment like this is vital in order to avoid build up and greasy looking hair.
- Don't forget to condition your hair as usual after shampooing!