My Stuffed Peppers are filled with LEAN grass-fed and seasoned ground sirloin, then baked to perfection.
I found several recipes online for healthy stuffed bell peppers, but ultimately, this is my recipe. I love finding recipes all over, combining them and then modifying them to make them healthy and custom to my dietary preferences.
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
What’s will I need?
- 6 large peppers
- 2⅓ pounds grass-fed and organic ground sirloin
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons fresh & organic marinara sauce
- 1 organic cage-free egg
- ¼ cup coconut flour
What do I do?
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and clean out the seeds. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground sirloin, garlic salt, egg, coconut flour, Italian seasoning, basil, pepper and 3 teaspoons of spaghetti sauce.
- Stuff the ground sirloin mixture into the cleaned green peppers.
- Place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish and top each pepper with ¼ cup additional marinara sauce, bake 90 minutes.
- After 90 minutes, check to see how far along the peppers are cooked; if they are nearly done uncover and baste with some of the spaghetti sauce from the baking dish (as mentioned above, if baking many peppers all at one time there is the possibility that they will not be as far along at this point – please continue to bake covered an additional 30 to 45 minutes and then proceed with the following instructions.).
- Bake an additional 20 minutes then top each pepper with parmesan cheese (not paleo) and continue baking another 10 to 15 minutes.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I would love to hear about your latest WIN in the kitchen!
A few sites I pulled pieces of this recipe from. . .