Saving the best for last, let’s talk tops! Tops are definitely one of my favorite pieces to shop for. You can never have too many tops in your closet because they come in so many different styles, and I love having options. I saw a huge variety of tops when I was at NYFW, some I was already wearing and some that I couldn’t wait to get my hands on. Here’s five of my favorite styles of tops that were all over the runway at New York Fashion Week:
- Sheer - I love this style! I think it’s so pretty and can be styled in so many different ways. My favorite way to style it is with a solid colored bandeau or bralette underneath. Sheer tops are so edgy but delicate looking. This type of top is perfect for date night or an evening out with the girls. Here’s one of my fave sheer tops.
- Bra Tops - Okay, I saw these EVERYWHERE in New York, which isn’t exactly anything new, but I’m here to tell you that they are definitely still in style for fall. While it may be a little chilly, they can be paired with high waisted bottoms and a cute jacket to warm you up. One of my favorite styles that I saw at Fashion Week featured a suede blue bra top, suede blue jacket, and suede blue pants. All suede and blue everything! It was so cute. Here’s a similar bra top that you can shop here.
- Dramatic Sleeves - This is another style that is definitely here to stay. I saw bell sleeves, ruffled sleeves, basically all big sleeves were welcomed at Fashion Week this year. I love this style because it completely makes the outfit and it’s very flattering! No matter the top, the eye is totally drawn to the dramatic sleeves. This top is so perfect and similar to what I saw at NYFW.
- Off the Shoulder - I am a sucker for this style of top, and luckily for me, Phoenix still has another whole month of warm weather that welcomes this style. New York was also loving this trend because it was on plenty of runways. I especially love this kind of top when it is fitted. Flowy tops are pretty, but they’re more for Spring so if you’re in the market for some more off the shoulder tops this Fall, I would definitely opt for a fitted one like this.
- Ruffles - Ruffles are basically the cutest. They make every top more special and they make every outfit pop and look more put together. NYFW featured ruffled tops of all kinds, from dramatic ruffles on the sleeves to detailed ruffles at the neck. I love how romantic ruffles are and I definitely plan on shopping some ruffled tops this fall. Here’s one that I have my eye on.