New York Fashion Week was so amazing this year! One of my favorite parts of NYFW is checking out what styles of dresses are going to be trending. Well, good news, if you're goal is to stay on trend this season, you have plenty of dress styles to choose from! Here's five of my fave dress styles from NYFW:
1. Sweet and Romantic - This style was ALL over the runway. Designers from all over had their models sporting sweet and silky dresses in whites, pastels and florals. These dresses are perfect for date night or for warm days. They are so lightweight and SO stunning. This maxi is a similar style to what I saw at Fashion Week and is a fave of mine.
2. Twill - This style is absolutely perfect for fall! I never paid much attention to this style of dress before, but after seeing lots of this cute style at Fashion Week, I am sold! They're cute and functional for a casual day, but can also be easily dressed up for a night out. Plus the material is just a little bit heavy which provides extra warmth during those chilly fall nights! Here's a darling one from Barney’s.
3. Metallic - If you are looking for a style a bit more bold, or you just want to change up your wardrobe a little bit, this is perfect for you! I am obsessed with every single metallic dress that I saw on the runway at Fashion Week. They are such a statement dress and you don't need much else to create that "wow" factor. I saw some short and some maxi and they were all stunning. However, I would say my favorite would be the short metallic dresses. They are so edgy and pair perfectly with heels. If you’re loving this trend as much as I am, check out this stunning piece.
4. Ruffles - You might think that this style sort of goes hand in hand with the "sweet and romantic" style that I mentioned earlier. You are not wrong! Plenty of those sweet and silky dresses sported little accent ruffles that totally completed the dress. However, for this style I am talking STATEMENT ruffles. These ruffles are bold and totally make your whole outfit. I saw so many gorgeous dresses with a statement ruffle like this one at NYFW and I am in love.
5. T-Shirt - I love being comfortable so whenever I can rock a t-shirt dress, I will! I actually saw quite a few t-shirt dress while at Fashion Week so I’m thinking they’re totally going to be in style for fall. I love this style of dress because they are so cute and they are super versatile. They can be completely casual during the day and then dressed up at night. I definitely saw models rocking them with all kinds of footwear: sneakers, flats, heels, etc. So, there’s no rules when it comes to the t-shirt dress! Here's one of my favorites.